Overall, more than 50% of marginal zone lymphoma (MZL) patients experience a relapse within 10 years. This phase II trial was conductedto assess the efficacy and safety of oxaliplatin-prednisone (Ox-P) chemotherapy for patients with relapsed or refractory MZL. Patients received oxaliplatin 130 mg/m2 on day 1 and prednisone 100 mg/day on days 1-5 of each cycle. A total of 38 patients were enrolled. The median age of the 34 (16 males, 18 females) evaluated patients was 53 (range = 27-74) years. There were seven complete responses (20.6%) and 15 partial responses (44.1%) (Overall response rate = 64.7%). No treatment-related deaths occurred. The median progression-free survival was 14.2 months (95% CI = 2.1-26.3 months); 3-year overall survival rate was 77.7%. Thus, salvage Ox-P chemotherapy for patients with relapsed or refractory MZL at the stated dosage and schedule showed moderate clinical activity and was considerable in very few selected patients (NCT01068392).
Bibliographical notePublisher Copyright:
© 2015 Taylor & Francis.
- marginal zone lymphoma