Most people have struggled with reading in one situation or another, depending on their appreciation for the content, their prior experiences, and the texts. This department column shares ways for educators to help literacy learners unlock their potential with instruction anchored in their skills, knowledge, ways of learning, interests, and attitudes.
Bibliographical noteFunding Information:
This research was supported by a grant from the William T. Grant Foundation.
- Community-based programs
- Critical analysis < Digital/media literacies
- Critical literacy < Theoretical perspectives
- Digital/media literacies
- Interest < Motivation/engagement
- New literacies < Digital/media literacies
- Purpose < Writing
- Sociocultural < Theoretical perspectives
- resources < Family literacy