By consensus, the acyl-CoA synthetase (ACS) community, with the advice of the human and mouse genome nomenclature committees, has revised the nomenclature for the mammalian long-chain acyl-CoA synthetases. ACS is the family root name, and the human and mouse genes for the long-chain ACSs are termed ACSL1, 3-6 and Acsl1, 3-6, respectively. Splice variants of ACSL3, -4, -5, and -6 are cataloged. Suggestions for naming other family members and for the nonmammalian acyl-CoA synthetases are made.
- Acyl-coenzyme A synthetase
- Coenzyme A synthetase
- Fatty acid transport protein
- Fatty acid-coenzyme A ligase
- Long-chain acyl-coenzyme A synthetase
- Very long chain-acyl-CoA synthetase