- Cost-effectiveness issues - lost productivity, economic derangement and loss of vocation
- Diagnosis - better understanding of improvement in syncope management practices
- Incidence, natural history and prognosis - increased primary diagnoses of "syncope and collapse"
- Nomenclature - distinguishing other forms of TLOC
- Pathophysiology - upright position at onset of attack
- Syncope - transient loss of consciousness (TLOC)
- Treatment - effectiveness of syncope prevention depending upon diagnosis